10.01.2010

Hip Hop Theater Festival

By Julia Rosenfeld

I'm not going to lie - I can't breakdance. It's not even a skill that I've tried to master.

However, while watching the
Hip Hop Theater Festival's presentation of olive Dance Theatre's SWIFT SOLOS - a performance honoring legendary b-boy Ken Swift and showcasing his most famous routines - I really wished that I could bust a move. The dynamic dancers were dressed in bright colors, clean sneakers and big smiles with feet that moved faster than seemed humanly possible.

Although this particular show only runs for a couple more performances, the
Hip Hop Theater Festival continues through October 16th with more than 25 events. One show that you don't want to miss is Young, Gifted & Hyped on October 6th - a one-night-only event featuring performance work from New York City high school students.

Busy that night? Check out the
website for other options.

No comments: