12.01.2009

Burn the Floor

By Melissa Miranda
           
Burn the Floor was an energetic and suave performance unlike any other show on Broadway because it doesn’t have a storyline, only ballroom dancing.

Burn the Floor opened my eyes to many different styles of dancing. There was the Cha Cha, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing, Samba, Lindy, Jive, Rumba, Quickstep, and more. The dancers had perfect technique and made the dancing look effortless – I wanted to get up and dance, too! The performers made contact with the audience with their facial expressions and by dancing in the aisles. The dancers’ costumes glowed onstage and the lighting made the colors pop.
 
I would recommend Burn the Floor to anyone who is a dancer or who has an interest in dance. It is an important production for a young person to see because it is unique and shows how much time and effort goes into making a dance performance. It takes perseverance, strength, confidence, and a lot of practice.


This is one of the best Broadway shows I have ever seen because it’s all about dance – and I love to dance. Burn the Floor gets two thumbs up from me!

HOW TO SEE THE SHOW: $26.50 student rush, 2 per valid ID • Longacre Theatre, 220 W 48th St.

3 comments:

Jahnesha said...

Wow a whole play with no plot and just dancing! Since it really captured your attention that is an obvious sign that the dancing was superb.

Sabrina said...

I want to see this!

Monikha R. said...

I don't want to be a professional dancer, but dancing does spark an interest in me. I come from a family who just loves to move, and this play just sounds like something that would make me want to move my tush in my seat as I saw the way the dancers moved effortlessly onstage.